“When the results were out and I knew I finally made it, I sat down and cherished all the 8 years of preparation. For me, they are the best years of my life, regardless I cleared the exam or not. The civil services exam is worth your time, efforts and sacrifices even if there is a 1% chance of clearing it!”
So many aspirants in Shahansha’s position would have given up by now. They will not wait until all the attempts got exhausted. They would have already decided UPSC is not for them. But Shahansha is among the 1% who wanted to show up sincerely for every attempt given to him. And that’s why he cleared an exam where the probability of failure is 99%.
UPSC or Job? Better still, UPSC and Job!
Shahansha had a demanding job as an Indian Railway Protection Force Officer, he was a son and a husband as well. Yet, he wouldn’t have had it any other way. “If I was preparing for this exam with no job, with no family and friends to support me, then I don’t think I would have been successful.”, he says. According to him, stability in life is essential to deal with the psychological and emotional stress of the exam.
Don’t miss the chance to interact with him, get answers to all your questions and discover solutions to the issues bothering you! This webinar is free for all aspirants to attend.
Why Attend this Webinar?
“You are your own best friend and enemy”, says Shahansha as he believes negativity feeds on more negativity.
More than IQ, one requires EQ (Emotional Intelligence) to clear this exam. UPSC is looking for just above-average marks in all the subjects. But, it requires officers who don’t have excuses or run away from solving people’s issues. The more mentally adept you are, the more happy UPSC will be to select you. So, work on controlling your emotional impulses early on.
Shahansha will teach how to inculcate patience, perseverance and study through the stress. For anyone struggling in this area, this webinar is going to be useful.
What will you Learn from this Webinar?
1. Despite qualifying for IAS why did Shahansha choose IPS?
2. Why is it important to unwind when you’re feeling low? Importance of hobbies and friends.
3. The brighter side of his failures. How did Shahansha improve with every attempt?
4. Shahansha’s Prelims and Mains Strategy. How did he divide his time into before-work and after-work slots?
5. Six years of wrong optional versus one year of right optional — How did it make the difference for him in Mains?
6. General Do’s and Don’ts while preparing. What are the mistakes of his previous attempts he avoided?
All aspirants are encouraged to participate in the Q&A Session by Shahansha. Learn from your doubts, learn from others’ doubts and learn from Shahansha’s answers.
This Ask me Anything session is free for all aspirants to attend but is perfect for anyone looking for a refreshing break from their grueling studies. Only limited slots are available, so register ASAP.
Date: 31 October, 2021
Time: 3 P.M.
Son of a shopkeeper father and school teacher mother, Shahansha was a professional athlete, trained by the Sports Authority of India (SAI). He cleared prelims in all his seven attempts and even reached the interview round thrice. He gave multiple government exams and worked as the Assistant Commander in the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Indian Railway Protection Officer.