From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Not much
Mains level : Paper 2- App to watch live proceedings of the Supreme Court
App to view virtual proceedings
- Chief Justice of India launched a mobile app that would allow media persons to view the Supreme Court’s virtual proceedings live on their mobile phones.
- The role of the media assumes importance in the process of disseminating information.
- Justice A.M. Khanwilkar said the facility, which is now temporary, could be made permanent in the future depending on the operational issues.
‘Indicative Notes’ on the SC website
- The CJI also launched a new feature in the Supreme Court’s official website called ‘Indicative Notes’.
- This feature is aimed at providing concise summaries of landmark judgments in an easy-to-understand format.
- This will serve as a useful resource for media persons and the general public who wish to be better informed about the rulings of the court.