From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SVANidhi se Samriddhi Program
Mains level : Atmanirbhar package
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ program in additional 126 cities across 14 States/ UTs.
About PM SVANidhi Scheme
- The Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme is aimed at benefiting over 50 lakh vendors who had their businesses operational on or before March 24 2020.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme.
- The scheme was announced by Finance Minister as a part of the economic package for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown.
- The loans are meant to help kick-start activity for vendors who have been left without any income since the lockdown was implemented on March 25.
- The scheme was valid until March 2022.
What is SVANidhi se Samriddhi Program?
- SVANidhi se Samriddhi program was started to provide social security benefits to street vendors for their holistic development and socio-economic upliftment.
- Quality Council of India (QCI) is the implementing partner for the programme.
- Under the program, socio-economic profiling of PMSVANidhi beneficiaries and their families is conducted to assess their eligibility for 8 Government of India’s welfare schemes and facilitate sanctions of eligible schemes.
These schemes include:
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana,
- PM Suraksha Bima Yojana,
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana,
- Registration under Building and other Constructions Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act (BOCW),
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana,
- National Food Security Act (NFSA) portability benefit – One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC),
- Janani Suraksha Yojana, and
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).