Smash Prelims Super-25 Program is back after a thumping success in Prelims 2022. Out of 25 students Santosh sir has mentored, 23 cleared prelims last time. Our students were kind enough to take time out of their hectic Mains preparation and let us know how Santosh sir’s mentorship benefitted them in the exams.
Table of content:
- About Smash Super 25 by Santosh sir
- Structure of Super 25 program
- Four pillars of Super 25
- Approach of Super 25 program
- Program Inclusion
- What students told us about Santosh sir?
- About Santosh sir
90% success rate in UPSC Prelims under this program
Why Your Focus for the Next 3 Months Must be About Scoring Above Cut-Off Marks in UPSC-CSE Prelims? Isn’t the last 1 Month Enough for This?
Every year, the competition for UPSC-CSE is increasing while vacancies are decreasing drastically. Total vacancies this year have been increased but you have to consider IRMS as well. This is why right now, it’s important to start having an Olympic Athlete mindset. You need to daily focus on scoring above the cut-off marks in your test series.
Civilsdaily Student and 2019 UPSC-CSE AIR 8 Topper Abhishek Saraf had practiced nearly 6000+ MCQs under us to clear prelims!
What makes prelims tough? It’s because the paper is unpredictable. If this year, science questions are a breeze then the next year you will have to answer advanced concept-based questions. Unlike Mains, Prelims has negative markings.
Toppers like Pranav Vijayvergiya (AIR 65) and Swati Sharma (AIR 17) have found Prelims to be tougher than Mains. In fact, Pranav failed to clear Prelims thrice. But, in his fourth attempt he took Civilsdaily mentorship and cleared Prelims, Mains and Interview in one shot!
Are you feeling low that you are unable to get the required cut-off marks in your test series. Worry not, for about 65% of the UPSC toppers have said that they scored below cut-off marks till December. But by June, they were able to boost their marks to get through the prelims hurdle. It’s time to be like them now. The two mentors allotted to you at Civilsdaily will discuss notes, sources, and test scores and even counsel you on your mental health.
How will Super-25 Program be structured?
We have neither diluted the criteria for selecting aspirants nor the core strategy. In fact, this year Super-25 will be a much more effective version of last year.
Four Pillars of Super- 25 Program
- It is a mentorship-led test series and value addition program over 90 days.
- Intensive Mentorship: You will have one dedicated mentor during the entire journey, in the form of Santosh Gupta sir. Santosh sir will give mentoring on a 1-1 basis. He will also be taking weekly zoom sessions. It would ensure that you do not fall back at any cost and benefit from the experience of two mentors who have cleared the exam 6 times. We will ensure that you achieve not your weekly targets but the target of clearing prelims.
- A number of tests: 60 practice tests (50 questions) + 40 Full-length tests ( 12 Basic + 6 advanced + 10 Current affairs tests + 8 FLTs+ 4 CSATs). It means every day you can give a test. With this, we will ensure that you revise your syllabus 3 times in three months at least.
- Current affairs: Entire Current affairs of 1.5 years ( Jan 2022 – April 2023) will be covered by Core faculty, comprising of Santosh sir, Sajal sir, Sukanya ma’am, and Dimple Ma’am. You will learn how to link current affairs with static topics on the go.
- Strategic Value Addition Sessions: They say that a woodcutter sharpens his axe for 8 hours to cut 1 tree. This is the most popular session around taken by Santosh Gupta sir to enrich your knowledge base and analytical ability.
Approach of Super-25
1. Keyword approach to revise syllabus of 1 subject in 2-3 hours.
2. Focus on FCE approach ( Factual, Conceptual and Elimination ) to enhance your score.
3. Critical gap filling sessions and notes, learning to link static with current affairs and vice versa.
4. Evidence based questions to ensure 360 degree testing.
5. Weekly monitoring of targets by dedicated mentor and your strategic mentor Santosh Gupta.
How Super-25 will help you
1. Setting a clear strategy for the next 90 days to get 120+ score in Prelims.
2. Revising the whole syllabus in an effective manner.
2. Filling critical gaps in preparation.
4. Practice tests to enhance your chances of qualifying prelims.
5. Covering the entire current affairs from a prelims perspective.
Who can be part of the Super-25?
1. Only those who are struck in the range of 80-90 marks in last 2-3 attempts and are desperate to write mains.
2. Those who have given prelims at least once.
3. Those willing to give 100% or nothing less.
- One to one Mentorship over a call and Weekly Zoom sessions
- Make strategy – micro and macro for the remaining days till Prelims
- Incorporate syllabus coverage, tets series, revision in it
- Make sure you are executing the plan efficiently
- 60 Tests
- 12 Basic tests
- 10 Current Affairs
- 14 Practice tests
- 6 Advanced
- 8 Full-Length Tests
- 4 CSAT tests
- 50 Value additon classes and notes covering
- Static syllabus linked with
- Entire Current affairs of 1.5 years (Jan 2022 – April 2023)
- Budget and Economy survey of 2023 (Handouts + Videos)
- Strategic question-solving sessions – 500 Questions to be solved LIVE
Self Preparation with Mentorship: What do Civilsdaily Students think of Santosh Sir’s Mentorship for UPSC-CSE Prelims?
We asked Santosh sir’s students about their opinion on mentorship — if it was something that saved their time or wasted their time in studies and this is what they had to say:
Kamini: “If I can say in one word, then Santosh sir’s mentorship is unique. Before I joined his program, I used to score 90 marks in Full Length Test Series. Santhosh sir had done an depth analysis of my test papers and suggested ways to reduce the negatives. Right now I am able to score 100+ in advanced test series of not only Civilsdaily but other institutes. He is always available to clear my doubts and solve my issues on call or phone. No issue is too big enough for Santosh sir. He has always told me after you finish a test series, read the same topics again and take another test series the same day to see if your marks improve. From Santosh sir’s polity and economic survey notes, we got questions in the 2021 and 2022 Prelims. I always feel it’s better to do self-studies with mentorship than join coaching institutes and get spoon-fed with information.”
Sweetie Raj: “I am a banking professional, living with a joint family. Attending coaching classes is out of the question because I won’t have time to read the books myself. Santosh sir helps me self-study by providing me mentorship daily. I study daily from 9 PM to 3 AM. Santosh sir has been available for 1-hour strategy calls even during this time. No other teacher would have wanted me to succeed as much as he wants me to. I can understand concepts by myself and don’t need help in that. I want someone who pushes me to complete the target modules, checks if I did my mains answer writing for the day and analyses the previous year question papers with me. Because of Santosh sir, I understood that its just not enough reading one book but at the same time I dont have to waste time reading many books. He tells me the topic-wise sources to refer. Also he has designed a study plan for me that I can follow every week. Once, I told Santhosh sir I was missing test series discussion classes as it was conducted at 7PM. Immediately, he provided me recorded videos and kept the session at 8.30PM.”
Samples From Smash Super-25 Program
Sample 1-on-1 Mentorship for Smash Prelims
Sample Test Series
Sample classes on CSAT & Topic Wise Analysis
Sample Notes & Handout Material
Toppers’ Speak: How Civilsdaily Mentorship Helped Me Clear UPSC?
About Santosh Gupta Sir
Santosh sir has scored above 140 twice in UPSC prelims and 120 plus in all 6 attempts. He has written all 6 mains and has appeared for Interviews 3 times. He has qualified for UPSC EPFO and BPSC 56-59th also. As the Prelims coordinator at Civilsdaily, he has helped 15 out of 25 students clear the prelims examination this year.