One of these questions would have application of Tikdams. Tikdams are smart hacks which help you arrive at the right answer with basic knowledge. Broadly speaking, there are 2 types:
- Elimination Tikdams: Extrapolate your basic knowledge to eliminate options which appear out of context. Zero down on 2 choices and then mark the question as per your risk appetite
- Estimation Tikdams: Read the question well and work out the answer from within the options – Most of the times UPSC plays with words or embeds clues within the question. A smart aspirant figures them out!
Note: Please comment your responses to questions in the comment section. It will help you in assessing yourself.
Q.1) Consider the following statements about the ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC):
1. It is the leading centre of ISRO for design, development, fabrication and testing of all Indian made satellites
2. It is situated in Bangalore, Karnataka
3. The centre has produced more than 90 satellites including the INSAT series, the IRS series, as well as the GSAT communication satellites
Which of the statement/s above is/are correct? Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 2 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Inspired by: ISRO mulls launching 65 satellites for a slew of uses
Just looking at the name of the organisation, you can easily gauge that option 1 and 3 should be correct. Option 2 is suspicious, if you don’t know about it. But just look for a combination of probable correct options. That’s only available in (d).
Q.2) With reference to ‘Akash’ missile, often seen in news, consider the following statements:
1. It is an SR-SAM.
2. Its range is more than Agni-3 missile.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 2 only
b) Both 1 and 2
c) Neither 1 nor 2
d) 1 only
Inspired by: Army satisfied with Akash missile
Q.3) With reference to the functions of the ‘Finance Commission of India’ which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Determine factors governing Grants-in Aid to the states.
2. To make recommendations to president about the resources of panchayats and municipalities.
Select the correct anwer using the codes given below.
a) Neither 1 nor 2
b) 1 only
c) 2 only
d) Both 1 and 2
Q.4) Which of the following Insurance schemes for farmers given below has/had provisions for local calamities such as landslide, hailstorm, inundation, etc?
1. National Agriculture Insurance Scheme(NAIS)
2. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
3. Experimental Crop Insurance
Select the correct option using the codes given below.
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1.2 and 3
Q.5) According to the Constitution of India, which of the following are fundamental for the governance of the country?
a) Fundamental Rights
b) Fundamental Duties
c) Directive Principles of State Policy
d) Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
Q.6) The people of India agitated against the arrival of Simon Commission because
a) Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
b) Simon Commission recommended the abolition of Dyarchy (Diarchy) in the Provinces
c) there was no Indian member in the Simon Commission
d) the Simon Commission suggested the partition of the country
Q.7) Quit India Movement was launched in response to
a) Cabinet Mission Plan
b) Cripps Proposals
c) Simon Commission Report
d) Wavell Plan
Q.8) The balance of payments of a country is a systematic record of
a) all import and transactions of a during a given period normally a year
b) goods exported from a country during a year
c) economic transaction between the government of one country to another
d) capital movements from one country to another
1. Daily newscards have been enriched with back2basics and note2students – Make notes daily
2. Liked Tikdams? Join our Flagship TS which helps you perfect this approach – Flagship Prelims for IAS 2018
3. For attempting previous Prelims Daily Questions – Click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.