From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : ICAI
Mains level : Paper 2- MoU between ICAI and QFCA
Signing of MoU
- The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a pact between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and the Qatar Financial Centre Authority (QFCA)
- The ICAI has more than 6,000 members in the Middle East.
Increase opportunities and enhance cooperation
- The MoU would enhance cooperation between the institutes to work together to strengthen the accounting profession and entrepreneurship base in Qatar.
- The MoU would provide the ICAI members in the entire Middle East better recognition, together with working to support Indian businesses desirous of doing business in Qatar
- The MoU will endeavour to increase opportunities for ICAI members to provide professional services in Qatar in the areas of assurance and auditing, advisory, taxation, financial services and allied areas.