From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Grameen Udyami Scheme
Mains level : Not Much
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship the felicitation program of 200 tribal women under the Grameen Udyami Scheme.
Grameen Udyami Scheme
- It was launched to augment skill training in tribal communities for their inclusive and sustainable growth.
- It is a unique multiskilling project, funded by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) that aims to train tribal students in select states.
- It is implemented under Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana.
- Under the program, 49 ST clusters in 15 states of India have been selected by 40 tribal MPs of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- Under their leadership, the scheme in respective clusters is being implemented.
- One development associate is appointed by the MPs in each cluster.
- Increase in Rural/Local Economy
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Reduce forced migration due to lack of local opportunities
- Conservation of natural resources
Scope of the project
- The project is being implemented in six states – Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Gujarat.
- Transportation, boarding & lodging during the learning period is provided to candidates
- The training under the project will be conducted in the job roles which are relevant to the local economy.