From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Not much
Mains level : Paper 2- National Recruitment Agency
Recruitment reform in the form of National Recruitment Agency will resolve many issues faced by the youth appearing for the multiple government exam.
- On average, 2.5-3 crore candidates appear for about 1.25 lakh vacancies in the central government every year.
- But from next year, the NRA will conduct the CET and based on the score, one can apply for a vacancy with the respective agency.
NRA: Composition and functioning
- The NRA will have representatives from the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS).
- A multi-agency body, the NRA will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for the Group B and C (non-technical) posts.
- The NRA shall conduct a separate CET each for the three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass) and the matriculate (10th pass) candidates for those non-technical posts to which recruitment is presently carried out by the SSC, RRBs and IBPS.
How it will benefit youth
- It will eliminate multiple tests and save time as well as resources.
- It will give a big boost to transparency.
- The multiple recruitment examinations are a burden on the candidates, as also on the respective recruitment agencies, involving avoidable/repetitive expenditure, law and order/security-related issues and venue-related problems.
- The NRA is a combination of convenience and cost-effectiveness for candidates.
- Examination centres in every district would greatly enhance access to the candidates located in far-flung areas, with a special focus on creating examination infrastructure in the 117 Aspirational Districts.
- This will prove a great boon to crores of aspirants residing in hilly, rural and remote areas and most importantly, for female candidates.
- Taking job opportunities closer to the people is a radical step that would greatly enhance ease of living for the youth.
Consider the question “Recruitment reform in the form of National Recruitment Agency is a radical step that would greatly enhance ease of living for the youth.”
Taking job opportunities closer to the people is a radical step that would greatly enhance ease of living for the youth.