From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : CSCAF 2.0
Mains level : Not Much
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched the Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF) 2.0.
About CSCAF 2.0
- A framework is a climate-sensitive approach to urban planning and development in India.
- It was developed after a review of existing frameworks and assessment approaches adopted throughout the world.
- It followed a series of an extensive consultative process with more than 26 organizations and 60 experts from different thematic areas.
- The Climate Centre for Cities under National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is supporting MoHUA in implementation of CSCAF.
Various indicators of the framework
The framework has 28 indicators across five categories namely:
- Energy and Green Buildings
- Urban Planning, Green Cover & Biodiversity
- Mobility and Air Quality
- Water Management
- Waste Management