From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : E-Amrit
Mains level : Not Much
India today launched ‘E-Amrit’, a web portal on electric vehicles (EVs), at the ongoing COP26 Summit in Glasgow, UK.
It is a must-go portal for every aspirant. Click here to visit E-Amrit.
- E-Amrit is a one-stop destination for all information on electric vehicles—busting myths around the adoption of EVs, their purchase, investment opportunities, policies, subsidies, etc.
- The portal has been developed and hosted by NITI Aayog under a collaborative knowledge exchange programme with the UK government.
Features of the portal
- It intends to complement initiatives of the government on raising awareness about EVs.
- It aims to sensitize consumers on the benefits of switching to electric vehicles.
Need for E-Amrit
- In the recent past, India has taken many initiatives to accelerate the decarbonization of transport and adoption of electric mobility in the country.
- Schemes such as FAME and PLI are especially important in creating an ecosystem for the early adoption of EVs.
UPSC 2022 countdown has begun! Get your personal guidance plan now! (Click here)