From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Exercise ‘SADA TANSEEQ’
Mains level : Not Much
- The inaugural edition of the India-Saudi Arabia Joint Military Exercise ‘SADA TANSEEQ’ was commenced in Rajasthan.
Exercise ‘SADA TANSEEQ’
- It is a joint military exercise conducted between the armed forces of India and Saudi Arabia.
- The exercise is designed to enhance the capabilities and interoperability of the troops from both nations in conducting joint operations in semi-desert terrains.
- It focuses on tactical training and sharing best practices in conducting operations in a sub-conventional domain.
- The primary objective is to strengthen the bond, cooperation, and camaraderie between the Indian and Saudi Arabian armed forces.
- It also serves as a platform for achieving shared security objectives and fostering bilateral relations between the two friendly nations.
Key components of the Exercise
- The exercise typically involves various military training activities such as establishing mobile vehicle checkposts, conducting cordon and search operations, house intervention drills, reflex shooting, slithering, and sniper firing.
- These activities help in building the capacity of the troops to work together effectively in semi-desert terrains, which can be crucial for addressing security challenges.