From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : IUSSTF
Mains level : India-US collaboration in STEM
Indian students will undertake a research internship at Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California, LA, USA under the IUSSTF Program.
What is IUSSTF?
- IUSSTF is an acronym for the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum.
- It is established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the USA in March 2000.
- It is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promote Sci-Tech, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- The Department of Science & Technology, Governments of India and the U.S. Department of States are respective nodal departments.
About Viterbi Program
- The Viterbi Program of IUSSTF was developed between IUSSTF and the Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California (USC).
- This program is a part of the Government’s endeavour to encourage research and development amongst the bright young Indian minds to create long-term, sustainable, and vibrant linkages between India and the US.