From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : KAPILA program
Mains level : Patenting solutions in India
The Government has launched a campaign namely KAPILA for Intellectual Property Literacy and creating patent awareness, informed Union Ministry for Education to the Parliament.
Remember one thing, ‘KAPILA’ Program is related to IP awareness. It sounds much like an animal husbandry related initiative.
- KAPILA is an acronym for Kalam Program for IP (Intellectual Property) Literacy and Awareness.
- Under this campaign, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of the application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights.
- The program will facilitate the colleges and institutions to encourage more and more students to file patents.
Why in news?
- As many as 46,556 users have registered for the Union Government’s Intellectual Property Literary project.
- This marks the success of the campaign.