From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : PM-DevINE
Mains level : Infra push for NE region
Union Budget 2022-23 provided for a new scheme, Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North East (PM-DevINE) will be implemented through the North-Eastern Council.
- It will fund infrastructure, in the spirit of PM GatiShakti, and social development projects based on felt needs of the northeast.
- This will enable livelihood activities for youth and women, filling the gaps in various sectors.
- While the Central Ministries may also pose their candidate projects, priority will be given to those posed by the States.
Some of the projects to be implemented are:
- Dedicated Services for the Management of Paediatric and Adult Haemotolymphoid Cancers in North East India, Guwahati
- Construction of Aizawl bypass on western side, gap funding for passenger ropeway system for Pelling to Sanga-Choeling in West Sikkim
- Gap funding for eco-friendly Ropeway (Cable Car) from Dhapper to Bhaleydhunga in South Sikkim
- Pilot project for the construction of Bamboo Link Road at different locations in various districts in Mizoram