From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SBM , Prerak Dauur Samman
Mains level : SBM and its success
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021.
Try this question:
Q. The Prerak Dauur Samman recently seen in news is related to:
a) Swachh Bharat b) Literature c) Health Services d) Visual Arts
Prerak Dauur Samman
- The Prerak Dauur Samman has a total of five additional subcategories -Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring) – with top three cities being recognized in each.
- In a departure from the present criteria of evaluating cities on ‘population category’, this new category will categorize cities on the basis of six select indicator wise performance criteria which are as follows:
1) Segregation of waste into Wet, Dry and Hazard categories
2) Processing capacity against wet waste generated
3) Processing and recycling of wet and dry waste
4) Construction & Demolition (C&D) waste processing
5) Percentage of waste going to landfills
6) Sanitation status of cities