Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news – Chalukyan sculpture of Siva found in Andhra Pradesh
Chalukyan Architecture (5th – 8th CE)
- The temples under the Chalukyas are a good example of the Vesara style of architecture.
- This is also called the Deccan style or Karnataka Dravida or Chalukyan style. It is a combination of Dravida and Nagara styles.
- The building material they used was reddish-golden Sandstone found locally.
- The temples had beautiful mural paintings also.
- The temples are located on the banks of River Tungabhadra and Malprabaha in Karnataka and Alampur in Andhra Pradesh.
- Aihole temples: Ladh Khan temple (Surya Temple), Durga temple, Huchimalligudi temple, Jain temple at Meguti by Ravikirti..
- Badami temples: Virupaksha temple and Sangameshwara Temple are in Dravida style. Papanatha temple is in Nagara style.
- Pattadakkal: is a UNESCO World Heritage site. There are ten temples here – 4 in Nagar style and 6 in Dravida style.
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : CASSINI MISSION
Details : Cassini mission to Saturn is ending its journey. It will dive towards the Saturn and burn up in its atmosphere in October.