Guys, as wealth without work, is a greater sin, knowledge without practice is an unacceptable folly. To attain success, polishing your thought is a must and to catch up with the hands of the clock, practice and practice are the only things that matter the most to an IAS aspirant.
After receiving feedback from almost 500+ of our successful UPSC candidates, Civilsdaily can claim that 85% of the questions in UPSC Mains were already asked in our previous MEP tests. And this was the only strong reason that the success rate of our MEP program has been featured in famous newspapers.
To satisfy the high demand, we are fully prepared now to launch MEP 2nd batch on the 17th of September, 2022
Table of Content:
What is MEP 2023?
Mains essential Program (MEP) 2023 is your solution to practicing Mains Answer writing. Don’t procrastinate answer writing, developing a skill does not happen magically after you clear prelims.
Mains Essential Program 2023 is a Mentor guided comprehensive and intensive program for GS Mains papers. The focus is on making students understand the requirement of Mains Question, its elements, using information, and imparting answer writing skills for that.
How MEP is needed for your IAS dream:
Your knowledge is tested through your answers: If you have not learned the art to articulate your thoughts on paper, then that’s a disaster waiting to happen. Studying and writing answers is a symbiotic relationship and one reinforces the other.
- Helps you retain concepts, facts, and figures.
- Learning the trick to formulate the structure of the answer.
- Helps to revise things and learn new things not covered by conventional books.
- Improves your writing speed, and handwriting.
Know-How Our Mains Test Program Stands Apart?
1. Personalised Mentorship to correct you at each step
We believe in personalized individual attention. A one-to-one discussion with your Mentor will not only highlight your weaknesses but will also help in tracking your improvements over the subsequent tests. It will also ensure consistency, continuity, and progressive improvement.
Students usually get swayed by only seeing the theme of the question. The question is not about electoral bonds only. Many aspirants write everything they know about electoral bonds. You need to first mention how it will cleanse India’s electoral system. After that, link it with democracy. How it violates key features of democracy like transparency, accountability, and a level playing field. Writing only Pros and Cons will not fetch you marks.
Just schedule a call with our mentor to clear all your doubts and queries.
2. Quality standards of questions in our test series
Our Test series questions have consistently proven to be similar to UPSC standards.
Here’s the proof
Program Inclusion Details:
- 12 Sectional tests: The whole syllabus will be divided into portions like history, economics, and geography. The test will be spread over 8 months. This will ensure that your basic static preparation happens continuously alongside your mains answer writing program. Killing two birds with one stone!
- 12 Full-length tests: After the prelims, it is time to go full gear.
- Personalized discussion: You doubt why you are scoring less or how you can improve your score for the next paper. No worries! Just schedule a call with our mentor to clear all your doubts and queries.
- Civilsdaily’s handholding: You will be provided membership to Mains 2023 club on Habitat. There you can put up your doubts and queries. Also can be used to interact with peers on strategies to improve your mains writing. You can also contact mentors like Sajal sir, Sukanya ma’am, Sudhanshu sir and Poornima Ma’am. They all have interview-level experience, so utilize their experience to your benefit.
- Civilsdaily magazine: Your current affairs will be covered with access to our 1-year subscription. (June 2022 to May 2023)
Our Philosophy behind MEP 2023
1. Question Formulation
It happens under a team of experienced Civilsdaily faculty. Questions framed are from the most important UPSC relevant themes and papers are based on the latest pattern of UPSC.
Our questions specifically state:
- Whether they are straightforward or thought-provoking/analytical.
- Whether they have subparts.
- Why this question – similar to previous year’s questions, the importance of the theme, etc.
CD Innovation – Red-green highlight – to let you know about the necessary and innovative points.
2. One-to-One Discussion
We believe in personalized individual attention. This is the biggest reason why you should join our TS. Students can schedule a call within 2 days of receiving their checked copies.
A one-to-one discussion with your Mentor will not only highlight your weaknesses but will also help in tracking your improvements over the subsequent tests. It will also ensure consistency, continuity, and progressive improvement.
3. Answer Checking
Our evaluation focuses on multiple dimensions and parameters like structure, flow, presentation, contextuality, relevance to question, analytical excellence, and cross-domain inter-linkages than simply on superficial, memory-based lapses.
Evaluated answer copy – 1 (Click to download)
Evaluated answer copy – 2 (Click to download)
4. Model Answers
More than just simply providing information, our model answers cover all the aspects of a question and provide enriching points to the student. They also include:
- For ‘thought-provoking/analytical’ type of questions, we’ll provide the best way to approach them.
- Alternate introductions
- Subheadings and categorization to enhance readability and answer structure.
- Colour coding for main arguments, reports, data, scholars, etc.
OTB – Out-of-the-box points for additional marks
5. Civilsdaily’s Handholding
You’ll be assigned to a special group on Civilsdaily’s Habitat, there you can interact with different mentors like Sajal Sir, Sukanya ma’am, Ajay Sir, Sudhanshu sir, and others.
Civilsdaily’s Habitat – Desktop and Mobile view
6. Value-added material
Current affairs magazines – Civilsdaily’s Magazines are the best in terms of comprehensive coverage, superb design, and high readability.
Listicles and other relevant study material – Supplementary content provided will help cover multiple related questions.
Sukanya ma’am has firsthand experience of 4 mains and 2 interviews of UPSC. In 2019, she scored 140 in ethics. She has also appeared in the State PCS interview. Before she worked as a Probationary officer in Canara bank. Now at Civilsdaily, she heads the Mains program and is engaged in a core team of Civilsdaily.
As per need, we will also involve our Civilsdaily core mentors like Swatantra sir, Parth sir, etc.
This is what our students have to say…
From Quora’s answer. (Read the full answer here)