Low Priority Items of the Day:
ONGC may sell Indian Oil Corp. stake to LIC
State-owned ONGC is likely to sell some of its stake in IOC to institutional investors like LIC to part-fund its more than Rs. 34,000-crore acquisition of refiner Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL). Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) holds 13.77% stake in India’s biggest refiner Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), which was worth over Rs. 27,800 crore as per Monday’s market price. It has another 4.87% stake in GAIL India Ltd. worth Rs. 1,600 crore.
Important part of the news is given above. But still, we will wait for the final decision and then write newscards on it.
SC to see CBI’s documents on Karti Chidambaram’s foreign account, property
The Supreme Court on Tuesday said it would peruse on October 11 the documents provided in a sealed cover by the CBI which has tried to nail Karti Chidambaram, son of former Union Minister P. Chidambaram, about his foreign bank accounts and properties.
Corruption is a serious issue. But no need to go after individual corruption cases, because the UPSC don’t ask questions on them.
In June this year, the Bombay High Court quashed an order by the Maharashtra Forest Department to shoot a tigress in the Bramhapuri region after she killed two persons. The death warrant was overturned as a result of a Public Interest Litigation petition by an animal rights activist, which argued that the tigress’s behaviour had been forged by illegal human intrusion into her territory. Forest officials were then forced to capture the problem animal and re-release her in the Bor forest reserve, less than 200 km away, putting another set of villagers in harm’s way.
The Op-Ed talks about an environment related case in the Bombay High Court. It is not important to go through the minuscule details of the case, as given in this article.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at 8823831311