Low Priority Items of the Day:
Need to implement progressive laws: CIC
Chief Information Commissioner of India Rajiv Mathur on Monday called for immediate implementation of the Whistleblowers’ Protection Act, the Lokpal Act and the Lokayukta Act, which would strengthen governance systems further.
Individual comments of the officials are not very much important. Also, these are very general suggestions, nothing special about them.
530% jump in assets of seven parties
The average total assets of seven national parties increased by 530% between 2004-05 and 2015-16, from about Rs. 62 crore to Rs. 388 crore, according to a report by the Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR).
Important part of the news is given above. No need to go into details, Just try to remember the above given data.
Lessons from the Aarushi case
The curtain has nearly come down on the 2008 murder of Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj. In turning down the Sessions Court ruling of November 2013 that convicted her parents for life, the Allahabad High Court last week appeared to have gone by the fundamentals of the law of evidence, and gave the dentist couple the benefit of doubt. An essential lesson here for criminal justice agencies is that a sound knowledge of law backed by adherence to prescribed procedure would save them from such admonition by superior courts.
The Op-Ed talks about a very popular case. But popularity doesn’t matter for the UPSC exam. Just stick to the syllabus and eliminate unnecessary things(from the UPSC exam perspective). The UPSC don’t ask direct questions on such kind of issues.
Other initiatives @ CD
- 100 Most Probable Q&A for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 100 Most Probable Issues for Mains 2017: Click2Get
- 60 Most Probable Ethics Case Studies | IAS 2017-18: Click2Get
- Target Mains Q&A Compilation- September 2017: Click2Get
- Prelims 2017 Analysis + Directions for Prelims 2018 Workbook by Dr. V: Click2buy
- Civils Digest + Prelims Daily compilation released for September 2017: Click2buy the 6 month compilation for 99 only
- Flagship Prelims TS Batch 2 started on 15th September: Click2join | Contact us for any more queries at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at 8823831311