Q.1) Recently, the city of kirkuk was in news for some reason. It is a city in
Q.2) Consider the following statements regarding ‘Tuberculosis:’
1. It is treated with antibiotics.
2. It can be diagnosed with chest X-rays.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) Neither 1 nor 2
b) 1 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) 2 only
Q.3) Recently, ‘Yescarta’ and ‘Kymriah’ were in news. What are they?
a) Gene Therapies
b) Cities of Syria
c) Cities of Spain
d) Computer Programmes
Q.4) Consider the following statements.
1. A new Post-Office Act was passed in 1854 and postage stamps were issued for the first time.
2. He set up a separate Public Works Department.
3. He played an important role in unifying the country politically.
4. He could be rightly referred as the father of Electric Telegraph in India.
The statements given above are correct in context with which of the following Governor-Generals?
a) Lord Cornwallis
b) Lord Wellesley
c) Warren Hastings
d) Lord Dalhousie
Q.5) There is a Carbon Footprint if a process releases:
1.Carbon dioxide (CO2)
3.Nitrous oxide (N2O)
4.Hydro fluorocarbons (HFCs)
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 1, 2 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3, 4
Q.6) Satellites used for telecommunication relay are kept in a geostationary orbit. A satellite is said to be in such as orbit when :
1. The orbit is geosynchronous
2. The orbit is circular.
3. The orbit lies in the plane of the earth’s equator.
4. The orbit is at an altitude of 22,236.
Which the correct answer using the codes given below :
a) 1,2,and 3 only.
b) 1,3 and 4 only.
c) 2 and 4 only.
d) 1,2,3, and 4.
Q.7) At present, scientists can determine the arrangement or relative positions of genes or DNA sequences on a chromosome.
How does this knowledge benefit us ?
1. It is possible to know the pedigree of livestock.
2. It is possible to understand the causes of all human diseases.
3. It is possible to develop diseaseresistant animal breeds.
Which of the statements give above is/are correct ?
a) 1 and 2 only.
b) 2 only.
c) 1 and 3 only.
d) 1,2, and 3 .
Q.8) In terms of economy, the visit by foreign nationals to witness the XIX common wealth games in India amounted to ?
1. Daily newscards have been enriched with back2basics and note2students – Make notes daily
2. Join Full Year Prelims TS – prelims.civilsdaily.com
3. Solutions will be uploaded at 11.30 p.m. Click here for Solution
4. For attempting previous Prelims Daily Questions – Click here