Q.1) Consider the following statements with reference to the Online Assurances Monitoring System (OAMS):
- It is developed by the Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (MPA).
- It is aimed to make the information regarding assurances given on the floor of the Houses of Parliament paperless and available in digital format.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a. Both 1 and 2
b. Only 1
c. Only 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
Inspired by: [pib] Online Assurances Monitoring System
Q.2) Which of the following statements best describes the Environmental flow (Ecological flow) of a river?
a. It is the quantity, timing, and quality of water flows required to sustain freshwater and estuarine ecosystems and the human livelihoods.
b. It is the amount of volumetric flow rate required to propel the blades of a turbines.
c. It is the amount of pure water from a stream or river required to dilute the polluted river water.
d. It is the downstream flow of river without any obstructions such as dams or canals etc.
Inspired by: Centre sets ‘minimum river flows’ for the Ganga
Q.3) With reference to India’s first ever National Environment Survey (NES), which of the given statements is/are correct?
- The National Sample Survey Office is tasked to conduct the nationwide survey.
- The NES will rank all the districts on their environmental performance and document their best green practices.
- The survey will assess carbon sequestration potential of all the districts across the country.
Select the correct code:
a. All are correct
b. 1 and 2
c. 2 and 3
d. 1 and 3
Inspired by: India’s first ever National Environment Survey to start in Jan 2019
Q.4) The ‘India for Humanity’ initiative is launched by:
a. NITI Aayog
b. Ministry of Home Affairs
c. Ministry of External Affairs
Inspired by: MEA launches ‘India for Humanity’ initiative
Q.5) Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan Committee is constituted for the purpose of study of:
a. Road Safety in India
b. State of Malnutrition in India
c. Ceasefire Violation across LoC
d. Illegal migration in Assam
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] Deadly roads in India
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here