Q.1) Which of the following organisatons related to the United Nations do not come under the tag of the ‘Principal organs'(of the UN)?
1. International Court of Justice
2. Economic and Social Council
3. Trusteeship Council
Select the correct option using the codes given below.
a) 1 and 3 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Q.2) Recently, ‘SAFAR System’ was in news for some reasons. It is related to
a) Road Transportation System
b) Regional Connectivity Scheme
c) Air Quality
d) None of the above
Q.3) With reference to the ‘Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN)’, consider the following statements:
1. It is an official United Nations Observer.
2. India is not its member.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q.4) With reference to the ‘Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’ which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. It is a body under the United Nations.
2. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 only
b) Neither 1 nor 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) 2 only
Q.5) Which of the following was not a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN)?
Q.6) Karl Marx explained the process of class struggle with the help of which one of the following theories ?
a) Empirical liberalism.
c) Darwin’s theory of evolution.
d) Dialectical materialism.
Q.7) A layer in the earth’s atmosphere called ionosphere facilities radio communication. Why ?
1. Why presence of ozone causes the reflection of radio waves to earth.
2. Radio waves have a very long wavelength.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
a) 1 only.
b) 2 only.
c) Both 1 and 2.
d) Neither 1 nor 2.
Q.8) Both foreign direct investment (HDI) and foreign institutional investor (FII) are related to investment in a country. Which one of the following statements best represents an important difference between the two ?
a) FII helps bring better management skills and technology. While FDM only brings in capital.
b) FII helps in increasing capital availability in general, while FDI only targets specific.
c) FDI flows only into the secondary market , in general, while FDI only targets specific sectors.
d) FII is considered to be more stable than FDI.
1. Daily newscards have been enriched with back2basics and note2students – Make notes daily
2. Join Full Year Prelims TS – prelims.civilsdaily.com
3. For attempting previous Prelims Daily Questions – Click here