Q.1) Recently Indian scientist-academician, N Raghuram, has been elected Chair of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI), a global policy making initiative. Consider the following statements about INI :
- It is an international programme under UNEP.
- Its key aim is to optimize nitrogen’s beneficial role in sustainable food production.
- It holds conference every year.
Which of the given statements is/are incorrect?
a) All are correct
b) 1 and 3
c) 2 only
d) 1 only
Inspired by: N Raghuram elected Chair of International Nitrogen Initiative
Q.2) The UIDAI has announced the phased roll-out of face recognition feature as an additional mode of authentication, starting with telecom service providers for issuance of SIM cards. Consider the following statements about the Live Face Photo verification:
- The telecom service providers will have to store the photo captured for face authentication, and ensure that the live photo matches the one in the e-KYC before activating the SIM.
- Any shortfall in transactions using face authentication would be charged at Rs 0.20 per transaction.
- If SIM is issued through other means without Aadhaar, then these instructions will not apply.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) Only 1
b) 1 and 2
c) 2 and 3
d) All are correct
Inspired by: UIDAI announces phased roll-out of facial recognition
Q.3) Gadgil & Kasturangan Committee report are related to which of the following issues?
a) Mitigation for Floods and other natural calamities
b) Conservation of Western Ghats
c) NDRF and its mandate
d) Using space technology for effective monitoring of floods
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] Kerala floods: The prescriptions for the Western Ghats
Q.4) Consider the following statements about African Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO):
- AARDO was formed in 1962 as a subsidiary under UN-ESCAP.
- It is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- India is one of the founder members of AARDO and is the largest contributor in terms of membership contribution.
Which of the given statements is are correct?
a) All are incorrect
b) 2 and 3
c) 2 only
d) 3 only
Inspired by: [Burning Issue] African Asian Rural Development Organisation (AARDO)
Q.5) The OSIRIS-Rex mission of NASA is related to-
a) Study of Black Hole
b) Study of Asteroid
c) Availability of water on Moon
d) Life on Mars
Inspired by: NASA Spacecraft Begins Final Approach to Bennu
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here