Q.1) With reference to the ‘Minamata Convention’ which of the statements is/are correct?
1. The convention is related to Mercury related Pollution
2. India is not its signatory.
Select the correct option using the codes given below.
a) 2 only
b) 1 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q.2) Consider the following statements regarding the ‘United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)’:
1. It is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
2. It also work for the issue of Environment Governance.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) Neither 1 nor 2
b) 2 only
c) 1 only
d) Both 1 and 2
Q.3) The ‘MAHSR’ project, sometimes seen in news, is related to
Q.4) Consider the following regarding Cellulose:
1. Cellulose is the most abundant organic polymer on Earth
2. Cellulose fibers can be obtained from the bark, wood or leaves of plants
Which of the above is/are correct?
a) Both 1 and 2
b) Neither 1 nor 2
c) 2 only
d) 1 only
Q.5) Consider the following:
2. Photographic film
Which of the above contain Gelatin?
a) 2 and 3 only
b) 1 and 3 only
c) 1, 2 and 3
d) 1 and 2 only
Q.6) Which of the following is/ are among the fundamental Duties of citizens laid down in the Indian Constitution?
1. To preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture
2. To protect the weaker sections from social injustice
3. To develop the scientific temper and spirit of inquiry
4. To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 only
c) 1, 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.7) What is the provision to safeguard the autonomy of the supreme court of India?
1. While appointing the Supreme Court judges, the president of India has to consult the CJI.
2 the SC judges can be removed by the CJI only
3 the salaries of judges are charged on the consolidated fund of India to which the legislature does not have to vote.
4. All appointments of officers and staffs of the SC are made by the govt only after CJI correct
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 and 3 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.8) To meet its rapidly growing energy demand, some opine that India should pursue research and development on thorium as the future fuel of nuclear energy. In this context what advantage does thorium hold over uranium?
1. Thorium is far more abundant in nature than uranium.
2. On the basis per unit mass of mined mineral, thorium can generate more energy compared to natural uranium.
3. Thorium produces less harmful waste compared to uranium.
Which of the above statements are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
1. Daily newscards have been enriched with back2basics and note2students – Make notes daily
2. Join Full Year Prelims TS – prelims.civilsdaily.com
3. For attempting previous Prelims Daily Questions – Click here