Q.1) With reference to the Genetically Modified mustard (GM mustard) developed in India, consider the following statements:
- GM mustard has the genes of a soil bacterium that give the plant the property of pest-resistance to a wide variety of pests.
- GM mustard has the genes that allow the plant cross-pollination and hybridization.
- GM mustard has been developed jointly by the IARI and Punjab Agricultural University.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (CSP-2018)
a) 1 and 3 only
b) 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Inspired by: GM mustard trials may get nod soon
Q.2) Bharat Ke Veer, a fund-raising portal for the family of Martyrs is an initiative of –
a) Ministry of Defense
b) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
c) Ministry of Home Affairs
Inspired by: Govt. grants ‘trust’ status to ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ initiative
Q.3) With reference to the bilateral military partnership between India and the US, consider the following agreements and the year of signing them:
- Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) – 2018
- Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) -2016
- General Security of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA) -2002
- Industrial Security Annex (ISA) – 2000
Which of the given pairs is/are correctly matched?
a) All of the above
b) 1 2 4
c) 1 3 4
d) 1 2 3
Inspired by: India signs landmark defence pact with U.S.
Q.4) Recently Google has launched Dataset Search Engine, particularly for-
c) Software developers
Inspired by: Google’s new data search engine is here
Q.5) The Doha Declaration is related to which of the following issues?
a) Geographical Indication
b) Licensing of Drugs
c) Curbing the menace of TB
d) Patients Rights
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] Ending TB
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here