GS IV (Analytical) (Simplex)
It is high time to select the President of a country, and yours is the casting / deciding vote. Highlights of the candidates are given below.
- – Candidate 1: He associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologers. He’s had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks up to ten times a day. Good decision maker and listener. He has done many good works in his political carreer to be remembered.
- – Candidate 2: He was college drop out, sleeps until noon. Represented college as secretary for 6 months. Joined politics after college, allegations of corruption, womanizer and misuse of powers but nothing proved. Went to jail in protest. He is associated in lot of social works and distributes 50 percent of income in poor.
- Candidate 3: He is a respected war hero. He’s a vegetarian, doesn’t smoke and hasn’t had any extra-marital affairs. He has very strict policy against delay in work. Has lot of respect in society but sometimes get hyper very quickly without understanding the situation and regrets later.
Which candidate would you choose? Support your answers with proper reasons.
Select the candidates and write down reasons behind selection
– Shortlist the candidate and explain why you have rejected others
– Explain reasons for the selected candidates shall be given and should be strong enough to reject the other candidates