We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred in the video lectures.
- Such approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering following issues;
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
SEBI mulls SRO for investment advisers
GI tag for Kandhamal and Erode Turmeric
RBI circular to banks on loan defaulters quashed
[op-ed snap]How to achieve 24×7 power for all
Ways and Means Advances
[op-ed snap]Serious setback
National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)
RBI cuts Repo Rate
Ambitions Beyond Growth Report 2019
Asian Development Outlook 2019
Enviro & Biodiversity
Sudden release of water from dams worsened Kerala floods
State of Global Air Report, 2019
Global Cooling Coalition
[pib] Community Radio Stations and SWEEP
[op-ed snap]The principle and procedure in Lokpal
[pib] NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
[op-ed snap] Turf issues in fighting corruption
[pib] Solidarity Human Chain
EAT-Lancet Report for a sustainable food system
[pib] Technical Analysis of FAME II Scheme
International Solar Alliance
Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT)
[op-ed snap] Deepening insecurity
[pib] Indian Advance Pricing Agreement
Issue of Supreme court benches in different states
[op-ed snap ] Making democracy meaningful
Explained: J&K govt blocking of a highway
[op-ed snap]Privacy in the age of sunshine laws
Science Tech & Art Culture
[op-ed snap] Outer clarity
Stephen Hawking’s hypothesis on black holes discarded
AFSPA partially withdrawn from Arunachal Pradesh
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Power Issues
- Privacy Laws
- FAME 2
- Advanced Pricing Agreement
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.