We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
[op-ed snap] Eye on the monsoon
Reserve Bank set to create a specialised supervisory cadre
[op-ed snap] Power under pressure
Ongole Cattle Breed
Enviro & Biodiversity
[pib] ‘Not all animals migrate by choice’ campaign
‘Room for the River’ Project
Species in news: White-throated Rail (or Aldabra Rail)
Anthropocene as Earth’s new epoch
Taj Mahal: First Indian Heritage Site to Get a Breastfeeding Room
WHO strategy to tackle global snakebite ’emergency’
[pib] Sahara Hostel
[op-ed snap] The case for informal regional diplomacy’
[op-ed snap] Moral ambiguity on the Rohingya
[op-ed snap] The IBSA task list
Doctrine of Hot Pursuit
UAE launches ‘Golden Card’ scheme
UNGA resolution demanding UK withdraw from Chagos Archipelago
United Nations not a State under Article 12: Delhi HC
Decision of Foreigners Tribunal Will Prevail Over NRC Order
[op-ed snap] Being responsive
[pib] Redefined units of measurement of kilogram, Kelvin, mole and ampere
Evidence of water found on Ultima Thule
New plants species with healing properties found in Manipur
[op-ed snap] Eye in the sky: on RISAT-2B
[op-ed snap] Full circle: on the change in kilogram’s definition
ISRO’s new commercial arm NewSpace India officially inaugurated
[op-ed snap] A blueprint for a national security strategy
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Elephant Bonds
- Strait of hormuz
- Informal regional diplomacy
- National security strategy
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.