We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
Explained: Economic Survey 2019 — new ideas to policy prescriptions
India-assisted IT-biotech park inaugurated in Cote d’Ivoire
National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP)
[op-ed of the day] Not by wishful thinking
Kisan Credit Cards for Fishermen
Minimum Support Price (MSP)
One Nation, One Grid
[op-ed snap] Union Budget 2019-20: Bucks for the banks
Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE)
Enviro & Biodiversity
“Sanchay Jal, Behtar Kal” Campaign
Japan resumes commercial whaling after 31 years
Tamil Yeoman declared Tamil Nadu’s state butterfly
Explained: How global warming could impact jobs in India
[op-ed snap] Mumbai marooned
Coral Rehabilitation Programme
[pib] Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
Explained: Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN)
[op-ed snap] Miles to go: self-care medical interventions
[op-ed snap] Lessons from Bhutan
[op-ed snap] Healthcare’s primary problem
Centre ratifies convention to curb company profit shifting
Cabinet clears Bill banning Commercial Surrogacy
[pib] Parliament passes the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Bill, 2019
New Code on Wages Bill
Centre to streamline labour laws into set of 4 codes
[op-ed snap] Terms of estrangement
US law to give India NATO ally-like status
US Ban on Baloch Liberation Army
Explained: Hong Kong political crisis
India pledges to contribute $ 5 million to UN Palestine refugee agency
J&K Reservation Bill
[op-ed of the day] The primacy of the elected
Explained: Privilege Motion
Central Welfare Database of Citizens
[op-ed of the day] Expanding India’s share in global space economy
[pib] Ramayana Circuit
Gandhipedia ‘to sensitize society’
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Global space economy
- Healthcare’s primary problem
- Indis USA Disputes
- MOSAiC Mission
- New Code on Wages Bill
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.