All questions are compulsory
First ten questions are of 10 marks (150 words) each while last 10 questions are of 15 marks (250 words) each.
- How do you justify the view that the level of excellence of the Gupta numismatic art is not at all noticeable in later times?
- Clarify how mid-eighteenth century India was beset with the spectre of a fragmented polity.
- Why did the ‘Moderates’ failed to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of the nineteenth century?
- What problems are germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula?
- How does the Juno Mission of NASA help to understand the origin and evolution of the Earth?
- “In spite of adverse environmental impact, coal mining is still inevitable for development”. Discuss
- Mention the advantages of the cultivation of pulses because of which the year 2016 was declared as the International Year of Pulses by United Nations.
- How does the cryosphere affect global climate?
- In the context of the diversity of India, can it be said that the regions form cultural units rather than the States? Give reasons with examples for your view point.
- What are the two major legal initiatives by the State since Independence addressing discrimination against Scheduled Tribes(STs)?
- The spirit of tolerance and love is not only an interesting feature of Indian society from very early times, but it is also playing an important part at the present. Elaborate.
- Examine how the decline of traditional artisanal industry in colonial India crippled the rural economy.
- Highlight the importance of the new objectives that got added to the vision of Indian Independence since the twenties of the last century.
- Account for variations in oceanic salinity and discuss its multi-dimensional effects.
- Petroleum refineries are not necessarily located nearer to crude oil producing areas, particularly in many of the developing countries. Explain its implications.
- In what way can floods be converted into a sustainable source of irrigation and all-weather inland navigation in India?
- What characteristics can be assigned to monsoon climate that succeeds in feeding more than 50 percent of the world population residing in Monsoon Asia?
- The women’s questions arose in modern India as a part of the 19th century social reform movement. What are the major issues and debates concerning women in that period?
- Distinguish between religiousness/religiosity and communalism giving one example of how the former has got transformed into the latter in independent India.
- “The growth of cities as I.T. hubs has opened up new avenues of employment, but has also created new problems”. Substantiate this statement with examples
For 2018 and beyond aspirants-
What do you think of this paper? Easy! Very general! On expected lines!
Which questions do you find difficult or unattemptable?
What do you think of strategy you were following so far in the light of this question paper? Need to change the strategy? Some fine tuning required?
Attempt some of the questions which are from the syllabus you have covered this far or at least write down the structure of answer with key points.