Carrying up a decision to crack the UPSC examination defines an individual’s ambitions and goals. An individual must have wondered that one year is enough for IAS preparation. The answer is yes. One year is sufficient to crack the IAS exam no matter how difficult the UPSC exam is, only if it is prepared with complete devotion.
An aspirant must be conscious of all details and important dates related to the exam. One can crack the IAS exam in one year by planning their preparation through an IAS planner. Try to form an accurate timetable that covers all the syllabus and leaves a scope of revision. A candidate can take up to six attempts, and clearing the exam in a go is a step towards a brighter future. One needs to plan every detail according to the weightage of questions and a time limit. One should also keep in mind the syllabus to help create a successful study plan. It’s better to know that no shortcuts are there for you.
Civilsdaily doesn’t believe in luck or in hard work without the so-called “work smart”. It’s not all about how you work hard but it’s about how you manage your time, resources, and mind to work together for a better output. Now explore what are the ways UPSC dreams start.
UPSC IAS Syllabus
IAS Exam Pattern
The traditional way to start UPSC preparation from the ‘0’ level:
- Read UPSC syllabus carefully.
- Make time table
- Read newspaper & collect CA magazines
- Start with NCERT books.
- Make notes
- Collect PYQ papers & toppers’ copies
- Attempt test series
Aspirants crowd follow it blindly. And so the ultimate success rate is 0.0053%.
But a would-be topper’s insight doesn’t follow what crowd chase for.
How to start UPSC preparation like a topper & acquire a day ‘0’ advantages:
A topper always..
- devises his/her own strategy & doesn’t follow toppers’ advice blindly.
- Steps in the UPSC world by holding a senior IAS mentor’s hand.
- Focuses on ‘minimum resource but maximum output’ concept.
- Neither reads all NCERTs nor starts with random one.
- Doesn’t learn all PYQs but some selectives.
- Joins the most effective test-series to get his performance evaluated by a personalized mentor
- Doesn’t read every chapters of a text book
- Learn not only making note but also how to update it
- Learns how to write a ‘Rule-of-thumb’ answer
- Spends time & energy judiciously.
The more you think, the more it daunts. let your best foot forward.(CLICK) FILL UP ‘SAMANVAY’ FORM & GET YOUR MENTOR | START YOUR UPSC PREPARATION FROM ‘0’ LEVEL LIKE A TOPPER
The UPSC preparation takes years of hard work, dedication and patience. It’s not only challenging in terms of lengthy syllabus, but it is also highly unpredictable in nature. It can’t be cracked by just being a bookworm. So, only mere act of beginning is not enough. Beginning to a right direction will decide you’re not going to stay where you are. In this case, the two most important warriors are your own mindset & a mentor’s tips that will lead you from ‘Zero’ to ‘Hero’.
Wish you all the best.