Setting new goals is easy. Beginning with a fresh dose of motivation is also easy. What’s not easy? Staying consistent with your daily routines and daily targets. That’s the part where we wish we had some practical, life-saving hacks.
Hasn’t it happened to all of us?
We binge-watch IAS toppers on Youtube on how they kept up for 25 hours, 9 days a week, or create multiple copies of their timetable only to find ourselves lost again. Worse still, we look up to our peers on their best days of preparation and compare our worst, most unproductive days, and genuinely feel a sense of loss.
This has happened to all of us. To 100% of the IAS Toppers as well. Trust us, we have mentored 10,000+ students on their IAS journey since 2016 and know their most honest, sincere struggle moments.
We sit back with our IAS toppers, request them to reflect back on their moments of uncertainties and probe them for practical hacks and tips for future aspirants.
Here are the top 3 helpful pointers to help you when the going gets tough:
1. Utilize the power of accountability (works 95% of the time)
Oftentimes, our mind makes the dumbest of excuses to get ourselves out of a task that we should, but don’t want to. And that is why you should OUTSOURCE accountability to other people.
It could be someone you think highly of, and they won’t let you divert from your goals. You need to be accountable to not yourself, but to that person for the completion of a specific task.
Confessing your inaction to someone else brings much more psychological pain, and hence you’ll be compelled to complete that task.
CivilsDaily’s personal mentors are the perfect guide for such cases. They have been mentoring these 10,000+ aspirants and rankers and are very well aware of the power of consistency.
2. Keep your focus on one thing at a time (works 80% of the time)
Staying consistent becomes all the way more cumbersome if you have too much on your plate. Your mind is already struggling with trying to muster up the courage to complete something, and then you burden it with additional tasks. This ends up delaying both tasks rather.
We know that this is easier said than done. It works for very self-driven students but with some external help, and mentor-driven accountability, about 80% of aspirants are able to pick it up.
Our mentors’ expertise will help you strive through this tough, but rewarding journey.
3. Avoid paralysis by analysis (works 55% of the time)
It’s the human tendency to expect results even before any solid efforts have been made. Your primary focus should be to do your job, and the results will follow! Follow the right strategy and be patient, because of course, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Though there will be days when you might doubt yourself or even the achievability of the task, it’s your duty to not buy those negative thoughts.
However, if in spite of prolonged efforts, results fail to show up, then you can always get on a quick call with one of our mentors and scrutinize your approach. This will help you channel your efforts in the right direction.
Not sure how to implement these three. Get FREE Samanvaya Mentorship.
How does Samanvaya Mentorship work? Introducing 3 layers of mentorship: Get IAS or UPSC ranker as your mentor
1. 1st step starts with this Samanvaya call: Once you fill in the form, we get on a 30-40 minute call with you to understand your prep level, working/ study constraints, and current strategies and create a step-by-step plan for the next week, next month and so on.
2. You are directed and given access to relevant resources and an invite-only Telegram group where you can ask your daily doubts, discuss your test-prep questions and have real-time, live sessions on news and op-eds, and find your optional groups.
3. The third and the most personalized tier is the 1 on 1 mentor allotment who stays with you through the course of your UPSC preparation – always-on chat and on scheduled calls to help you assess, evaluate, and chart the next milestone of your IAS 2023-23 journey.
We will also connect you to a UPSC ranker or IAS, who will mentor you in this journey.
Layer 1: You will be assigned a dedicated in-house mentor who will keep track of our progress from start till your final interview.
Layer 2: Sajal Singh sir and the team will be constantly with you through various programs like Samachar Manthan, Prelims, Essay, etc.
Layer 3: A UPSC IAS ranker (one who has cleared this exam) will be supervising your progress as your super mentor.
Who are you?
- Working Junta? If you are preparing for IAS 2023-24 and working simultaneously, we can help you design a timetable that fits right in your hectic schedule.
- First-time prep? If you are in the last year of college or thinking of dropping a year and preparing for IAS 2023-24 full-time, we can help you pick the right books and craft a practical & personal strategy.
- UPSC Veteran?
You just have to take 5 minutes out and fill this form: Samanvaya For IAS 2024
Once done, we will call you within 24 hours or so.