Instructions: Write two essays, choosing one from each of the following Section A & B, in about 1000-1200 words.
#1. Section ‘A’
- Lending hands to someone is better than giving a dole.
- Quick but steady wins the race
- Character of an institution is reflected in its leader.
- Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make a man more clever devil.
#2. Section ‘B’
- Technology cannot replace manpower.
- Crisis faced in India – moral or economic.
- Dreams which should not let India sleep.
- Can capitalism bring inclusive growth?
What should an average aspirant do with these 8 topics?
You read the 8 topics which formed the part of IAS Mains 2015 essay paper. Our best advice would be to try and look back on the events from late 2014 to mid 2015 and see how heavily these topics formed a part of daily news. If you can help find events, themes, newsbytes in the last year which can connect the dots on these topics, nothing like it!
Think in broad topics – political, economical, world etc. and try to drive home the different incidents and point of views and connect them with the essay theme at hand.