This is a factual question asking what needs to be done to achieve social and economic justice.
Introduction should talk about the preamble, that such justices are mentioned with their relevant meaning respectively in short.
Further, need to explain what social and economic justice aims at achieving distributive justice and measures taken etc.. like Reservation not only to SCs and STs but also to women, children and old age. Reservation in education etc.
Further discuss what is needed to achieve social justice. Like, passing of UCC, women empowerment, facilities to transgenders, upliftment of vulnerable section like SCs, STs (economic wise and status wise) effective policy implementation etc.
Similarly, discuss, what is needed to achieve economic justice. Like proper implementation of tax and transparency etc., use of demography in achieving equity by skill training, supporting MSMEs, improving rural economy through various schemes, and at last elimination of poverty etc.
Conclude with a balanced point.
- As stated in the preamble, the Indian Constitution secures to all its citizens justice which encompasses social, political and economic justice.
- Political justice implies that all citizens should have equal political rights, equal access to all political offices and equal voice in the government. The universal adult franchise to all the citizens above 18 years of age, representative political democracy with regular elections, 3rd and 74th amendment to the constitution entailing the grass root democratization, etc. shows that more or less, Indian have considerable access to political justice and equality.
- What is needed further: Increase the voter turnout, decriminalization of politics, passage of reservation for women in legislative assembly and parliament bill, true democratization with transfer of funds, functions to the local governments, participative decision making at all levels of government is the need of the hour.
Social and Economic justice aims at achieving distributive justice:
Measures taken to provide social justice:
- Reservation for women in the panchayats and urban local governance. Protection of girl chile and promotion of women education – Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
- In case of SC, ST and OBC, civil rights acts to prevent atrocities on SC/STs, reservation in education and employment to promote them through affirmative action.
Need of the hour:
- Passage of uniform civil code to provide equal rights to all women in divorce and inheritance across all religions. Issues of equality like entry of women into temples, the triple talaq system etc.
- Niti Aayog in collaboration with the UN in India and MyGov launched the “Women Transforming India” initiative to encourage women’s leadership particularly in economic socio-cultural and environment fronts.
- Promotion of inclusive society by recognizing some of the weaker section like transgender by passing of the pending rights of transgender bill 2015.
- Effective implementation of the right to education act, Nayi Manzil scheme ect. To attain educational equity.
- In case of tribals, there is need for effective implementation of forest rights act, district mineral fund for ensuring welfare, environmental protection of forests and inclusive development of tribals.
- Address the issues of manual scavengers, communal tensions, khap panchayat, attack on dalit intellectuals, provide legal services to all the weaker sections of the society etc.
Economic justice denotes non-discrimination of people based on economic factors. It involves the elimination of glaring inequalities in wealth, income and property.
Need of the hour:
- Effective implementation of Direct Tax Code, Goods and Service Tax, and other measures to ensure transparent and easy tax laws to ensure progressive taxation.
- Bringing down inequality and achieving equity by providing skills set to the large demography to ensure stable and secure employment. This needs effective implementation of National Skill Development Programme, Credit Facilities to the MSMEs sector through implementation of MUDRA bank and other such initiatives.
- Provide credit for Dalit entrepreneurs through proper implementation of stand-up India scheme.
- Promotion of Rural Economy: through development of agricultural entrepreneurship – Deendayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) should be launched to promote rural entrepreneurship under start up India campaign, address farmer distress, and integrate the development of rural urban areas through RURBAN Mission to ensure Gram Uday to Bharat Uday Abhiyan.
- Elimination of poverty and hunger through inclusive and sustainable growth with rights based approach.
- India need a revolution where all stake holders (government, civil society, NGOs, Individual) perform their duty towards fulfillment of the constitutional ethos of ensuring socio-economic political justice to all its citizens.