- Introduction: describe the office of the Speaker of Lok Sabha in short.
- Issue: Recently, the Speaker’s role has become a reason for conflict between the opposition and ruling parties for alleged partisanship.
- Role of the Speaker: Explain how Speaker plays a crucial role in issues such as money bill, maintaining the decorum in assembly, passing of critical motions like censure motion and no-confidence motion etc
- Problems with the current system: Explain how the current system of appointing the Speaker from the ruling party without any procedure is hampering its role and leads to the subjective interpretation of issues rather than objectivity needed in a parliamentary democracy.
- In conclusion, suggestions should be made, about how this post can be made more impartial along-with the benefits of doing so.