- In the introduction explain the situation in brief.
- In the body discuss the following aspects :
- Reproductive rights were established as a subset of the human rights. women have a basic human right to determine freely and responsibly the number and the spacing of their children. Issues regarding the reproductive rights are vigorously contested, regardless of the population’s socioeconomic level, religion or culture.
- Discuss reproductive rights with respect to Indian context focusing on socioeconomic and cultural aspects.
- Factors that have led to lack of such rights.
- What are the consequences on life of women ? – education, income, societal status , quality of life etc.
- Also discuss sensitization of government and judicial agencies in protecting the reproductive rights with special focus on the protecting the reproductive rights of women.
- What needs to be done?
- Conclude with road ahead what needs to be done to empower women.