- The recently released IMD report ‘State of The climate of India’ confirms that extreme weather events have become more frequent in the county.
- In the intro, briefly describe what is weather events and what are the normal frequency with which the used to be extreme.
- In the main body describe what extreme weather events are- like unusual and excessively hot or cold weathers, above normal intensities of the cyclones, excessive rainfalls or abnormal dry spells. Also explain the relationship between climate change and its relation with such extreme weather, and how climate change begets such extreme weather events.
- Moreover, describe the consequences India is likely to face as a result of such events.
- Conclude by suggesting the need for the intervention to stop climate change and disaster preparedness.