- This quote connects the purity or righteousness in one’s heart with world peace.
- Write how each part of the sentence matters and ultimately leads to world peace. First, righteousness in one’s heart contributes to building one’s character and ultimately it adds to the beauty in one’s character. One’s character matters for the harmony it creates in ones surrounding and in the family. This harmony in the family contributes to the progress and prosperity of the nation and ultimately lead to its development. And ultimately a nation with harmony within contributes to world peace.
- Conclude by stressing the importance of world peace today for the development of all.
A.P.J Abdul Kalam had highlighted the importance of quality of righteousness through this quote and had given beautiful connectivity between heart, character, nation and the world.
What is Righteousness
- Righteousness is the quality of being morally right and justifiable which forms the basis for any peaceful and prosperous society. Every religion focuses on the quality of righteousness as a means to an end. For example: In Hindu mythologies and texts, the path of righteousness i.e dharma is regarded as the ideal path or ultimate duty of every human being.
- By the above quote, he lays down the path for enabling peace in society. By focusing on individual rejuvenation as the locus of all activity, he aims to reform and integrate the whole society. For example: In the 3rd century BC, Ashoka promoted the code of Dhamma in his empire, which was the set ideal social behavior for promoting peace and enabling prosperity in the kingdom.
The contemporary society has been seen digressing from the path of righteous behavior and has shown more inclination toward the materialistic way of life, which has led to the eruption of several social and societal problems.
If individuals follow the righteous path, they are more likely to spread happiness to others and succeed in their personal endeavors and will contribute to the upliftment of their household status, which indirectly will contribute to the happiness and upliftment of whole society, and then many social problems like crime, corruption, mob lynching, etc can be eliminated from the society.
Similarly, the more prosperous society will contribute to a more prosperous nation.
For example, Terrorism has become a severe menace in many West Asian countries and threatening the safety and security of the whole world. Focus on enabling the order of righteous path in these nations will contribute to maintaining peace in the whole world.
Righteousness in multiple dimensions in the society with the indomitable spirit is essential for realizing the vision of “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam”.