From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Not Much
Mains level : COVID-19 and its mitigation
Delhi CM has announced a “5T plan” created by his government to contain COVID-19 spread in Delhi. These five Ts are testing, tracing, treatment, teamwork and tracking-monitoring.
- Testing when done on a mass scale enables the actual data of people affected by novel coronavirus.
- Like South Korea, Delhi will be testing on a large scale.
- Through rapid testing, the government will also be able to identify COVID-19 hotspots and take necessary action.
- The second T is tracing, which involves identifying and quarantining people who have come in contact with infected persons.
- Delhi authorities are taking the help of police to trace whether the people who have been advised to self-quarantine are actually doing it or not.
- The third component is the treatment.
- Serious patients who are suffering from heart diseases and patients above 50 years will be isolated in hospitals and the rest with minor symptoms will be kept in isolation in hotels and dharamshalas.
- The fourth element of the five-point plan is teamwork and collective efforts are being made to fight the virus.
- All State governments must learn from each other and work together.
5)Tracking and monitoring
- The fifth T is tracking and monitoring.
- The state should ensure that all these measures are in place and all the systems are functioning smoothly.