From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : National Digital Health Mission
Mains level : Healthcare in India
The National Digital Health Mission will soon be ready for a nationwide roll-out, confirmed the Chairman of National Health Authority and CEO of Ayushman Bharat.
National Digital Health Mission
- Our PM has launched the National Digital Health Mission on 15th August 2020.
- The mission aims to create an integrated healthcare system linking practitioners with the patients digitally by giving them access to real-time health records.
- It is a complete digital health ecosystem. The digital platform will be launched with four key features — health ID, personal health records, Digi Doctor and health facility registry.
- At a later stage, it will also include e-pharmacy and telemedicine services, regulatory guidelines for which are being framed.
- The NDHM is implemented by the National Health Authority (NHA) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The National Health Authority (NHA), is also the implementing agency for Ayushman Bharat.