From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SPICe+ Portal
Mains level : Not Much
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has notified and deployed a web-form namely ‘SPICe+’ as a part of Govt of India’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiatives.
Try this MCQ:
Q.The SPICe+ Portal sometimes seen in news is related to which of the following Ministry?
(a) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
(b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(c) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
(d) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
- It offers 10 services by three Central Government Ministries and Departments (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance), one State Government (Maharashtra) and various Banks.
- Thus it saves the procedure, time and cost for Starting a Business in India.
- These 10 services are:-
- Name reservation
- DIN allotment
- Mandatory issue of PAN
- Mandatory issue of TAN
- Mandatory issue of EPFO registration
- Mandatory issue of ESIC registration
- Mandatory issue of Profession Tax registration (Maharashtra)
- Mandatory Opening of Bank Account for the Company and
- Allotment of GSTIN (if so applied for)