From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Raisina Dialogue
Mains level : Raisina Dialogue and its impact on India's global profile
India`s annual global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics, Raisina Dialogue 2020 has began with the participation of over 100 countries.
- The Raisina Dialogue is a multilateral conference committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- It is jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation.
- Every year, global leaders in policy, business, media and civil society are hosted in New Delhi to discuss cooperation on a wide range of pertinent international policy matters.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials, as well as major private sector executives, members of the media and academics.
This years’ agenda
- The fifth edition of the Dialogue 2020 has been India`s contribution to global efforts to discover solutions, identify opportunities and provide stability to a century that has witnessed an eventful two decades.
- This year`s Dialogue titled `Navigating the Alpha Century` is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving heads of states, cabinet ministers and local government officials as well as major private sector executives, members of the media and academics.
Significance of the dialogue
- The Raisina Dialogue has acquired an enviable global profile uniting the best strategic thinkers of the world.
- The synergies and collaborations in the Raisina Dialogue represent India`s deliberative ethos, as well as its international credibility and convening power.
- The Dialogue has grown along with India`s diplomatic profile and will set the tone for its intensive diplomatic engagement this year.