Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news- Centre increases CVs’ load carrying capacity
- FASTag devices employ Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to make toll payments from the prepaid account directly linked with it.
- The windscreens of the vehicles are fitted with it.
- It enables the four-wheelers to drive through the toll plazas without having to wait for cash transactions at the toll.
- A separate lane will be dedicated for such FASTag users.
B2B #2: From news- [pib] Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)
Hague Adoption Convention
- The Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption is an international convention dealing with international adoption, child laundering, and child trafficking.
- The Convention was developed by the Hague Conference on Private International Law, the preeminent organization in the area of private international law. It was concluded on 29 May 1993 and entered into force on 1 May 1995.
- It is an effort to protect those involved from the corruption, abuses, and exploitation which sometimes accompanies international adoption.
- The Convention has been considered crucial because it provides a formal international and intergovernmental recognition of intercountry adoption to ensure that adoptions under the Convention will generally be recognized and given effect in other party countries.
- 96 countries including India has signed and ratified this convention. Whereas Nepal, South Korea and Russia are yet to ratify it.
B2B #3: From news- Counter-drone strategy for airports ready
BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security)
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security is an attached office of the Ministry of Civil Aviation of India
- BCAS is the regulatory authority for civil aviation security in India. It is headed by an officer of the rank of Director General of Police and is designated as Commissioner of Security (Civil Aviation)
- Commissioner of security (CA) is the appropriate authority for implementation of Annexure 17 to Chicago convention of International civil aviation organization (ICAO)
- Commissioner of security (CA) is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the National Civil Aviation Security Programme
- The main responsibility of BCAS are laying down standards and measures in respect of security of civil flights at International and domestic airports in India
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : INSV Tarini
Defence Forces : Navy
Module Type : Warships
Brief Intro : 1.The Indian Navy’s second ocean going sailboat Tarini was recently inducted. INSV Tarini is a sloop built by M/s Aquarius Shipyard Pvt Ltd at Divar, Goa. 2.The sail boat Tarini is being inducted into the Navy and is slated to be the platform for First Indian All Women Circumnavigation of the Globe expedition of the Indian Navy.
Note4students : Sailboat