Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: [pib] Special AYUSH Clinics for the Elderly
National AYUSH Mission
- Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has launched National AYUSH Mission (NAM) during 12th Plan for implementing through States/UTs.
- The basic objective of NAM is:
- to promote AYUSH medical systems through cost-effective AYUSH services,
- strengthening of educational systems,
- facilitate the enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani & Homoeopathy (ASU &H) drugs and sustainable availability of ASU & H raw-materials.
- It envisages flexibility of implementation of the programmes which will lead to a substantial participation of the State Governments/UT.
- The NAM contemplates the establishment of a National Mission as well as corresponding Missions in the State level.
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : Prahaar
Defence Forces : Army
Module Type : Missiles
Brief Intro : Prahaar is a solid-fuelled Surface-to-surface guided short-range tactical ballistic missile that would be equipped with omni-directional warheads and could be used for hitting both tactical and strategic targets