- ISRO recently proposed the IDRSS and stressed that it will have many benefits in terms of communication with India’s satellites and the space missions like Gaganyan.
- In the intro part briefly describe India’s plans to launch a manned space mission and need for real-time communication in such critical missions.
- In the main body of the answer describe the following-
- First, describe what Data Relay Satellite System is.
- Describe what Data Relay Satellite Systems do. What are its advantages over using ground stations in tracking satellites and space missions?
- Also, describe the specific details of the system like- how many satellites will be in it and in which orbit they would be placed.
- Then discuss its intended benefits
- In conclusion, describe how the progress made by India in space technology including the IDRSS will be beneficial for it.