- The demand for the question is that you should substantiate with examples and data to show how there is a growing divergence between poverty and hunger.
- In the intro, mention the present condition of hunger in India despite one of the best GDP numbers in the world.
- In the 1st part of the main body, you need to explain with examples about how the government’s expenditure on social sector is decreasing and thus leading to poor spending more on non-food essentials like Health, Medicines etc.
- There are also various other reasons for it like uneven access to jobs in all parts of the country, displacement of farmers etc. All these, coupled with lack of public investment in health, education and other social sectors, has led to poor fetching out more out of pocket expenses on these items than on food.
- Before ending the answer, mention the improvements India has made in halving poverty, reducing malnutrition, child wasting & Stunting among others.
- Also, discuss some of way forward from your end.