- This question needs careful reading in order to parse it.
- The question demands the factors which made it possible for it to sustain its culture from ancient times. Or, it asks what helped India sustain its culture. The word ‘unique’ is used because of the great ancient cultures of the world that failed to achieve the feat.
- In intro briefly describe how Indian culture is a continuation of its past culture without a break.
- In the first part of the body briefly explain the factors like-celebrating individuality and differences of opinion, harmony, tolerance, liberalism, assimilation of different cultures with ease- which played a role in the continuation of the culture.
- In the second part briefly discuss how in recent times Indian society has seen the emergence of divisive tendencies on the lines of caste, religion, language, region etc. which stands in sharp contrast with the glorious past.
- Conclude by stressing the importance of those factors even in the present to help India maintain its cultural identity.