- The govt is in policy paralysis right now because of the Opposition’s obstructionist approach in the Rajya Sabha.
- Govt does not have a majority in RS.
- So, the Finance Minister has indicated that most of the crucial bills which go to the Rajya Sabha be branded as money bills.
- Why? Rajya Sabha has little authority to prevent money bills from being rejected.
- But the Rajya Sabha should not be deprived of its legitimate rights through legislative stratagems.
What do you think? What are the moral and ethical dilemmas and what could be the political consequences of this manoeuvre?