Q.1) With reference to the provisions of bye-elections under Section 151A of the Representation of the People Act 1951, consider the following statements:
- It provides for bye-election to be held within a period of six months from the date of the occurrence of the vacancy.
- Bye elections can be held when the remainder of the term of a member in relation to a vacancy is less than one year.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) Both 1 and 2
b) Only 1
c) Only 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Inspired by: [pib] Section 151A of the Representation of the People Act 1951
Q.2) The National Security Council is an agency under:
a) Ministry of Defence
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) PMs Office
d) Ministry of External Affairs
Inspired by: Strategic Policy Group to assist National Security Council
Q.3) With reference to the Environment Pollution Prevention and Control Authority (EPCA), consider the following statements:
- EPCA is a Supreme Court mandated body for the National Capital Region under the section 3 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
- It acts only on the basis of complaints made by any individual, representative body or organization functioning in the field of environment.
- It is mandated to deal with environmental issues pertaining to the National Capital Region which may be referred to it by the Central Government.
Which of the given statements is/are not correct?
a) 2 and 3
b) Only 1
c) Only 2
d) All are correct
Inspired by: Centre reconstitutes EPCA, the authority tasked with tackling environment pollution in NCR
Q.4) Vishaka guidelines are associated with:
a) Child Rights Abuse
b) Transgender Rights
c) Sexual Harassment at Workplace
d) Triple Talaq
Inspired by: Explained: When a woman is harassed at work
Q.5) The report “Strengthening Forest Fire Management in India” is jointly released by MoEFCC and:
a) UN Environment
d) World Bank
Inspired by: Forest fires cost India ₹1,100 crore a year: report
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here