Q.1) The idea of Constitutional Renaissance was first referred in which of the following cases?
a)Lily Thomas Vs Union of India Case
b)Manoj Narula Judgement
c)Shreya Singhal Vs Union of India Case
d)Indra Sawhney Judgment
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] A constitutional renaissance
Q.2) According to the Puttaswamy vs. Union of India Case, select the correct statement from the following:
- Sexual Orientation is a matter under article 15(1) of the Constitution of India.
- It challenges constitutional validity of IPC section 377 only on this ground.
Select the correct codes from the following:
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] Beyond Section 377
Q.3) Consider the following statements about Rythu Bandhu Scheme of Telangana Government:
- Under Rythu Bandhu, the Telangana government gives every beneficiary farmer Rs 4,000 per acre as “investment support” for one crop in a year.
- It is the perfect example of benefits assured through DBT payment.
Which of the given statements is/are incorrect?
Inspired by: How Telangana supports farmers with Rs 4,000 for every acre they own
Q.4) Consider the following statements about Right of First Refusal (ROFR):
- Right of first refusal is a contractual right, but not obligation, to enter into a business transaction with a person or company before anyone else can.
- If the entity with the right of first refusal declines to enter into a transaction, the owner of the asset who offered the right is free to open the bidding up to other interested parties.
Which of the given statement is/are correct?
c)Both 1 and 2
d)None of the above
Inspired by: Indian shipping companies headed for troubled waters
Q.5) According to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)-
- A Child is defined as a person in the 0 to 18 years age group.
- It was set up in March 2007 under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
c)None of the above
d)All are correct
Inspired by: NCPCR moots model for school fees
For Solutions : Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here